Select featured products for the latest cutting-edge applications...
Central's product design and development team constantly monitors industry trends and anticipates customers' requirements by developing more efficient and lower profile devices for ever-smaller and more sophisticated electronic devices.
Check back frequently as Central's engineering team regularly updates this listing of recommended products for the latest demanding applications in the industry.
Diodes and Rectifiers
New CMDFSHC3-100 & CMDFSHC5-100 Schottky Rectifiers
Central Semiconductor’s CMDFSHC3-100 and CMDFSHC5-100 are 3A and 5A, 100V Schottky rectifiers in the new, low profile (1.25mm) SMC DFN package, utilizing passivated silicon die.
- Features: Low forward voltage drop, high current options, DFN style package
- Applications: Boost converter, Power Factor Correction (PFC) boost converter, solar cell reverse blocking, high power rectification
New CBRDFA4-100 Low Profile Power Bridge Rectifiers
Central Semiconductor’s CBRDFA4-100 is a 4.0 Amp full wave bridge rectifier, ideal for high power, low profile power supplies and fast chargers in consumer, industrial, scientific, and medical applications.
- Features: High 4.0 current rating, low forward voltage diodes (1.0V MAX @ forward current of 4.0A)
- Applications: Consumer & I/S/M low profile built-in power supplies, consumer & I/S/M low profile fast chargers
New CMJA5050 Adjustable Current Limiting Diode
Central Semiconductor’s CMJA5050 is a 50V Current Limiting Diode (CLD) developed to meet design requirements for maintaining a constant current with adjustable current regulation from 50mA to 80mA.
- Features: constant current range, adjustable regulation up to 80MA, wide operating voltage, negative temperature coefficient for LED protection
- Applications: LED lighting & displays, AC lighting panels, decorative lighting, test and measurement equipment
New Silicon Carbide Schottky Rectifier Die
Central Semiconductor’s latest Silicon Carbide Schottky rectifier die portfolio is optimized for high temperature applications. 650V devices are available in 4A, 6A, 8A, 10A, 30A options, and 1200V devices are available in 2A, 5A, 10A, and 50V options.
- Features: Positive temperature coefficient, low reverse leakage current, temperature independent switching characteristics, and many more
- Applications: Power inverters, industrial motor drives, switch-mode power supplies, power factor correction (PFC), over-current protection
CBRDFSH Series Schottky Bridge Rectifiers in new BR DFN
Central Semiconductor’s CBRDFSH Schottky Bridge Rectifier series was designed to meet designers’ requirements for smaller and lower profile devices needed to reduce overall product size. Packaged in the all-new, low profile BR DFN package.
- Features: low forward voltage as low as 500mV, high current range, low profile BR DFN package (1.22mm)
- Applications: Power over Ethernet (PoE) networks, cameras, speakers; Intelligent lighting
Hyperfast™ Rectifiers - Ideal for extremely fast switching applications
Central's Hyperfast™ 1A, 5A, 8A, 10A; 400V & 600V devices are available in multiple package types to suit your design requirements.
- Features: high current capability, high surge capability, HyperFast recovery time (22ns TYP)
- Applications: Power Factor Correction (PFC), motor control, DC-DC output rectification, alternative energy inverters
CMSD2004S & CMSD2005S: High Voltage Switching Diodes
Designer's Choice: Central's CMSD2004S and CMSD2005S are dual in series silicon switching diodes in the SOT-323 package. These devices are designed for applications requiring high voltage capability.
Zener Diodes: CMOZ2V4 Series & CMOZ1L8 Series
Central Semiconductor’s CMOZ2V4 series of Zener diodes (2.4V - 43V) is designed for applications requiring low leakage. When extremely low operating current is required, the low level CMOZ1L8 series (1.8V - 47V) is the ideal choice.
- Features: Low leakage current, extremely low operating current (CMOZ1L8 Series only)
- Applications: Where voltage regulation is a critical parameter
CFTVS5V0BULC: Tiny but powerful Ultra Low Capacitance Transient Voltage Suppressor
Designer's Choice: The CFTVS5V0BULC is designed to protect sensitive equipment connected to high speed data lines against ESD damage.
- Features: Ultra low capacitance (0.2pF), low leakage current, 15kV ESD protection
- Applications: High speed data line protection (USB 3.1, Thunderbolt, HDMI 2.0), user interface protection, charging/power port protection